Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bob Geldof - The Happy Club (1993)

Not that I was really interested in Bob Geldof and his music, but I saw this CD in the library and I just needed to stretch out my hand - why not! Robert Frederic Zenon Geldof is an Irish musician and political activist. As far as I remember I heard his name for the first time in connection with the Live 8 concerts. His charity effort picks up both both praise and criticism, but that's life, it is hard to make everyone happy.

The Happy Club is Bob Geldof's third solo album, released in 1993. I won't say it is impressive but it's not bad either, and it's a kind of interesting. My favories are The Soft Soil, A Hole To Fill, and The Song Of The Emerging Nationalist. I'll keep listening and I'll come back to this post if I have something more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment