Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In Flames - A Sense Of Purpose (2008)


Another Swedish rock band - In Flames, formed in Göteborg, 1990. Their style is broadly featured as melodic death metal, which I think is not the case with their ninth studio album A Sense Of Purpose. This is melodic and it is metal but alternative, rather than death.

It sounds really good and consistent. Obviously, In Flames have started with melodic death metal (as many other self-respecting scandinavian rock bands) and somewhere on the way they moved away. Which is a good thing (I like changes), but I am curious to hear their early work.

Fast and solid drum sections attract my attention in this album. The vocals remind me of some Nu Metal band, but right now I cannot figure out which one. 

I should give credits to Solna Stadsbibliotek, where I got this CD from. The album is freely available on Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment