Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth (1993)

Jamiroquai is actually a band. I just want to make it clear for everyone that never bothered to check Wikipedia and thought this is the name of the sneaky guy that sings and makes freaky moves. The guy is Jay Kay, his real name is Jason Cheetham, he's British, and he's got a Grammy Award. I disliked him when I was younger but things change, luckily.

Nowadays I do not only like his music but I sympathize his passion for fast cars and motorcycles. Jay Kay is currently the fastest man on the BBC show Top Gear. He made the lap in 1:45.81 in Chevrolet Lacetti. With the previous "Reasonably-Priced Car", Suzuki Liana, he was down on 12th place with time 1:48.0.


Emergency On Planet Earth is Jamiroquai's debut album, released in 1993. Even though acid-jazz music is not the one that brings me real pleasure, it sounds cool and it's good for any occasion. And this album is surprisingly consistent and complete for a debut. Nothing extraordinary but just good.

Here is the Spotify link.

No comments:

Post a Comment