Friday, April 23, 2010

AC/DC - 74'Jailbreak (1984)

The discography of the Australian hard rock band AC/DC looks really crazy. They started in 1975 with High Voltage, and they are still active, releasing their last soundtrack album in April this year. The reason to go for AC/DC for me is my friend Batkata. He is an old rock fan and he never misses to praise AC/DC, so one day I decided to check them out.

Initially I didn't get very excited, but it came pretty soon. What I noticed is that AC/DC's music is very suitable for listening on the stereo when you spend time with the family or with friends. It is not too noisy and dense, and yet it really rocks.

74'Jailbreak is an EP that was released in 1984 in US, Canada and Japan. It has only 5 tracks (24 minutes total length) that are just excellent and thoroughly enjoyable. It is really hard to pick favorites, even so mine are You Ain't Got A Hold On Me, and Soul Stripper. I want to mention that the vocals are by Bon Scott, who was the lead singer and lyricist of AC/DC until his death in 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment