Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla (1974)

Good old stuff again! One day I decided to checkout Judas Priest, and since I had no idea of their music I opted to start from the beginning - Rocka Rolla from 1974. Judas Priest is a legendary British heavy metal band, one of the pioneers of the genre.

From the very beginning there was something unusual but due to my poor musical expertise I couldn't realize what it is. Not until I read a fantastic review of the album and the "secret" was revealed - they are using two leading guitars.

For me this album doesn't really sound like heavy metal, but rather hard rock, and probably that's why I like it so much. The original record has very low quality so one should get a remastered version in order to fully enjoy the music. Here it is on Spotify.

Favorite songs from Rocka Rolla - Run Of The Mill, Rocka Rolla and Cheater (in the end of Winter/Deep Freeze/Winter Retreat)

No comments:

Post a Comment