Saturday, April 17, 2010

Metallica - St. Anger (2003)


Metallica is a heavy metal band formed in 1981 in California. Their eight studio album, called St. Anger, was released in 2003 after almost six years pause. It is fun to read the reviews for this album, people seems to either hate it or love it. And their arguments are even more fun, ranging from "poor recording" to "everything Metallica plays is great stuff for me" :).

I am not a school-years Metallica fan, so I consider myself unbiased in this dispute. Everything Metallica plays is simple but effective, I would say. So is St. Anger, and it is also brutal enough that I like it. I listen this CD very often when I run or bike, or just whenever I want to hear something strong.

My favorites are Frantic and Shoot Me Again. Since Metallica are so concerned about their commercial success and the albums in not available on Spotify, I suggest you to check out this version of St. Anger by Metal Militia.

No comments:

Post a Comment