Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Depeche Mode - Violator (1990)


Not that Depeche Mode needs any introduction, but still, this is an English electronic synthpop band formed in 1980. They emerged in the new wave era and became one of the most successful and influential bands ever. I saw them live in 2006 at the Stockholm's Touring The Angel concert, and it was an astonishing experience.

Violator became a big hit when it appeared, but I remember that I didn't like this kind of music so much. This was partly because the records we had at that times had really bad quality, and the sound was indistinct and disturbed, like coming from the beyond.

Today on the contrary, I am fascinated by the sound of this album. I can't believe that songs like World In My Eyes, Enjoy The Silence etc. were created 20 years ago. Violator is an amazing album and I enjoy it often. Sweetest Perfection, Blue Dress and Clean are a bit moody tracks, but still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment