Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Megadeth - Endgame (2009)


I just got the latest Megadeth album Endgame, and I took my time to hear it several times in the last couple of days. When Dave Mustaine was kicked out from Metallica for drug and alcohol problems, and violent behavior, he started Megadeth with the intention to create a band more successful than Metallica. While he didn't managed to outperform Metallica commercially, he proved to be very productive and made Megadeth one of the thrash metal's "big four", together with Slayer, Anthrax, and Metallica.

Endgame is well made, solid album, just like United Abominations, but I still cannot find some really catchy songs. The instrumental opener Dialectic Chaos sounds particularly good and has some complexity that reminds me Dream Theater, real joy. Another favorite moment is the guitar riff in the beginning of the title track Endgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment