Thursday, April 8, 2010

Madrugada - Industrial Silence (1999)


It took my wife more than a year to turn me on to Madrugada (Wikipedia). She discovered them at the Last.fm online radio and got hooked, but I never bothered, until recently. The band is formed in 1995 in Norway, and the name means "early morning" in spanish and portuguese. A spanish guy told me recently that this is in fact the time between midnight and six in the morning.

Sadly, in 2007, the guitarist and songwriter for Madrugada Robert Burås died 31 years old, R.I.P.!

I start here with their debut album called Industrial Silence. The album is excellent not only because they have already been playing together for 5-6 years before releasing it. They are just great, with nice melodies, versatile guitars, and the special deep voice of the singer Sivert Høyem.

My favorites are Norwegian Hammerworks Inc., the melancholic ballads Electric and Quite Emotional, and... all the rest. I love the whole album indeed. It's available on Spotify.

No comments:

Post a Comment